header image

Guess what animal I am?

Posted by: | March 24, 2013 | 10 Comments |

Recently I have been collecting a certain animal, your challenge I have set for my bloggers is to guess what animal I am collecting. I first fell in love with this certain animal when I travelled to Port Douglas at a zoo. Here are some interesting clues.

There are many different species of  this animal.

They are nocturnal and usually seen at the crack of night.

These animals have very large eyes to see predators.

These animals have feathers growing around their eyes.

This certain animal is a bird that can fly.

This animal eats rats, mice, rabbits and other birds.

They hunt in silence  where their prey don’t even know they are there.

These birds usually lay eggs and they are white in colour.

This animal does  have sharp claws to tear its prey apart.

Do you know what animal I am?

under: Uncategorized

10 Comments

1. By: Bronte on March 26, 2013 at 9:13 pm      Reply

Dear BB,

I think that the animal is an owl.
    When I got up to the clue about feathers around its eyes, I just knew it, or there’s another animal very similar to an owl I haven’t heard of before.

Your horsey 1D lover,
    Bronte :mrgreen:

• By: BB on March 27, 2013 at 7:46 am      Reply

@ Bronte,
      Awesome comment and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

Great job Bronte the animal is an owl. You could have thought it was a different animal but you thought it was an owl Good job.

I have a big collection of owls. Do you have a big collection of horses.

From your owl lover friend,

BB.
      :D
      :mrgreen:
      :lol:

2. By: Seth, , Charlie +Tommi + Cha on March 26, 2013 at 10:14 pm      Reply

Its an owl, i was confused until i read that they eat mice,rats n all dat!

• By: BB on March 27, 2013 at 7:42 am      Reply

@ Seth, Charlie, Tommi and Cha,
      Awesome comment and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

You are correct the animal is an owl. I thought only one person would guess that it is an owl but two people have I am surprised.

Great job on guessing the animal :D.

From your new pal,

BB
      :mrgreen:
      :D
      :lol:

3. By: Mrs. Hembree on April 1, 2013 at 10:36 am      Reply

Dear BB,
    What a fun challenge! I had to stop and think about the clues before I could guess!
    Do you have a favorite owl? I really like the Snowy Owl. It’s almost all white and blends in here in the winter. You may not have it in Australia.
    How did you become so interested in owls?
    Your curious friend,
    Mrs.Hembree

• By: BB on April 1, 2013 at 3:55 pm      Reply

@ Mrs Hembree,
      Awesome comment and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

Thank you for saying that I thought of a fun challenge. I noticed you have to stop and think about what animal you are guessing in my post. I love all owls. The Snowy Owl is so cute and so white. I could be Ice King or Queen.

No we do not have many owls in Australia. I do not have a favourite owl because I collect owls I love them all.

I became so obsessed with owls when my family and I traveled to Port Douglas and an owl I think the breed was a Barn Owl. Well the Barn Owl was crying for it’s mum but unfortunately the owl’s mum died. So the Barn Owl was crying that it would not stop and he was crying pretty loud I do not blame him I would to.

From,

BB.

4. By: Victoria on April 6, 2013 at 11:17 am      Reply

Dear BB,

Great post and how interesting that you collect owls. How many do you have? Is it hard to find them?

What is it about the owl that makes it your favorite animal? I think you like it because it considered \to be very wise (like you :D ). Do you know if it is a “smart” bird?

Your blogging buddy,
    Victoria

• By: BB on April 9, 2013 at 8:34 am      Reply

@ Victoria,
      Awesome comment and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

Thank you for saying Great post. I love collecting owls. I have no idea how many owls I have.

No it is not hard to find collectable owls you find them in 2 dollar shops.

Yes an owl is my favourite animal. I like owls because they are wise like you said and cute. Thank you so much for saying I’m wise like an owl. You are wise like an owl too. I think the owl would be classified as a smart bird.

From,

BB

5. By: natalies1234 on April 8, 2013 at 8:50 am      Reply

Dear BB,
    I think that the animal is an owl. I was a little confused at first but then I got it. That was really fun! If you want you can go on my blog but you don’t have to. http://infinatalie.edublogs.org

Sincerely,
    Natalie S.

• By: BB on April 9, 2013 at 8:12 am      Reply

@ Natalie S,
      Awesome comment and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

Great job Natalie for guessing that the animal is an owl you were correct.

I am going to leave a comment on your blog. Your blog is so cool I love the name InfiNatalie.

From your new pal,