header image

Cast your vote for Mrs Hembree and her students

Posted by: | May 21, 2013 | 12 Comments |

I have a wonderful blogging pal Mrs Hembree we have been blogging pal’s  for a number of years and I love it.  Mrs Hembree has a wonderful blog called http://bellbulldogreaders.edublogs.org/ where Mrs Hembree  writes  up posts on wonderful books to read.  Mrs Hembree passion is to give everyone the gift of reading.  Because of her passion she has started up another blog called http://bookstoafrica.edublogs.org/

This is where Mrs Hembree and her  wonderful students raised money to purchase  books to send to four African schools to give the children the joy of reading a book.

Now Mrs Hembree and her amazing students need our help.  The students have made a video and entered it in a contest.  If they win it will be a huge prize of  one thousand dollars.   Hopefully if they can win and if they do they will be buying a huge amount of books and sending them of to other African schools to enjoy the power of reading.

Mrs Hembree and her students need our help please vote for them here is a link for you to cast your vote http://www.changemyschool.com/entry/books-africa/

This is the Youtube video Mrs Hembree and her students made. How good would it be if Mrs Hembree and her students win.  Please don’t forget to cast your vote every single day. Good Luck Mrs Hembree and students.  Your video is amazing and sure does tell a wonderful story of the joy of reading.

under: Uncategorized

1. By: Mrs. Hembree on May 22, 2013 at 2:11 am      Reply

Dear BB,
    This blog post is such a wonderful surprise and super thoughtful gesture! You have a gift of connecting with other people and helping them.

I just got an email from one of the teachers that we went books to in Lesotho. His kids are very excited about the books they have received! They are using them for reading and writing lessons, plus they are learning about some American leaders like Rosa Parks.

Whether we win the contest or not, what really matters is that we are all sharing the love of reading.

Thank you for your support and your votes!
    Mrs. Hembree

• By: BB on May 25, 2013 at 12:04 pm      Reply

@ Mrs Hembree,
      Awesome comment and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.

I am so glad you like this post and thank you for saying it was a nice gesture of me to write a post for you.

That is so nice of you to say I help people a lot.

That is awesome that the kids are using the books to help them with reading and writing.

I agree weather you win or not you still are making a difference to help others in Africa it is the thought that counts.

You are welcome we are supporting you and voting for you.

From your pal,

BB.

2. By: Miss Y on May 23, 2013 at 9:58 pm      Reply

Hi BB

What a wonderful post in support of your blogging buddy Mrs Hembree and her students. Mrs Hembree is such an inspiring person and I love the way she and her students are sharing their love of reading with students in Africa.

I have been voting as often as I can for their video and I really hope they win so they can send more books to students and continue to spread the joy of reading…

Miss Y :D

• By: BB on May 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm      Reply

@ Miss Y,

Thank you so much for saying I put up a wonderful post supporting Mrs Hembree.

Mrs Hembree and all my blogging buddies are inspiring. I agree I love how Mrs Hembree and her students are sending books to Africa.

Mum and I have been voting as often well not often EVERY DAY for Mrs Hembree to win.

BB.

3. By: Victoria on May 27, 2013 at 12:28 pm      Reply

Dear BB,

Another great post and thank you for letting us know about contest. Mrs. Hembree definitely has my vote. It is nice that we can support such a great cause.

Keep up your good work,
    Victoria

• By: BB on May 29, 2013 at 6:04 pm      Reply

@ Victoria,

Thank you for saying another great post. You are welcome I am letting you know about the contest.

Mrs Hembree definitely deserves everyone’s vote including mine.

It sure is nice how we can support each other.

BB.

4. By: ♥Miriam♥ on June 2, 2013 at 3:53 pm      Reply

Dear BB,

I really enjoyed your post and hope that Mrs. Hembree will win the thousand dollars. I am sure the children will be very enthusiastic when they receive all of these books. I also enjoyed the video Mrs. Hembree’s class put together.

Miriam

• By: BB on June 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm      Reply

@ Miriam,
      Awesome comment and thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I am so glad you enjoyed my post.

I agree I hope Mrs Hembree wins 1 thousand dollars in cash. I agree the children will be very enthusiastic when they receive the books.

The video Mrs Hembree and her students made was amazing.

BB.

5. By: Jhett Lewis on September 21, 2013 at 12:35 am      Reply

This is a very good blog and I liked it how u thanked everybody but I don’t that u have been blogging four years and now have ran out of ideas

• By: BB on September 22, 2013 at 10:55 am      Reply

@ Jhett,

Thank you for taking the time to visit and write a nice comment on my blog.
      Yes, you are correct I have been blogging for 4 years and at the end of the 4 years I felt I needed to have a break.
      Posting up a blog post every week can be very challenging. For you need blog posts which are interesting so that other blogger would want to write a comment on your post.

So I decided I need a break which has been great for me.

Sincerely,
      BB :)

6. By: Anna on September 23, 2014 at 11:36 pm      Reply

This is an amazing blog BB !♥

• By: BB on October 6, 2014 at 7:14 am      Reply

Dear Anna,

I would like to thank you for your kind comment on my blog. Sadly I don’t get to write up posts on my blog. However every now and then I check out my blog and to my delight I receive a wonderful comment like yours. I am so very grateful.

Sincerely,
      BB :)

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories